Extended Access Service
Mickleover surgery is working with a group of local practices to provide a GP extended access service. Together practices have formed a community interest company called Primary Care Plus, to better support the needs of our patient population.
The service is available:
- Monday – Friday 18:30–20:00
- Saturday – Sunday 08:00–12:00
What Services are Available?
A wide range of services are available to patients including:
- GP appointments
- Advanced nurse practitioner appointments
Along with a range of clinics for:
- Cervical cytology clinics
- Long term condition clinics such as asthma, COPD and diabetes along with specialised asthma clinics run in conjunction with Royal Derby Hospital
How do I book an Extended Access Appointment?
To book an extended access appointment, please contact the practice. The receptionist will be required to ask the reason for the appointment to ensure that the appointment is booked with the appropriate clinician.
What is Primary Care Plus?
Primary Care Plus is a group of practices working together to provide extra healthcare services.
These practices are:
- Park Farm Medical Centre
- Mickleover Medical Centre
- The Vernon & Lanes Medical Centre
- Brook Medical Centre
- Mickleover Surgery
- Park Lane Surgery
- Chapel Street Medical Centre
- Lister House Peartree Medical Centre
- Derwent Valley Medical Practice
- Oakwood Surgery
- St Thomas Road Surgery
- Derby Family Medical Centre
- Overdale Medical Practice
- The Park Medical Practice
The surgery works with these other practices to provide extra services.
We have opened up appointments for you in the evenings and at weekends.
We are delivering these services from a hub practices across the city.